The Data Virtuality LDW Power BI Connector is a Certified Connector and is shipped with Power BI desktop and the on premise data gateway.
This Certified Connector does not yet contain the latest release which allows to connect Data Virtuality and Power Bi using a the PBIDS files provided via Data Virtuality Platform.
To connect Data Virtuality and Power Bi using a the PBIDS files provided by Data Virtuality Platform Datashop, the Data Virtuality Platform Custom Connector needs to be installed.
This article describes the installation of this Data Virtuality Platform Custom Connector.
- Install the Data Virtuality ODBC driver. The installer for the ODBC driver can be downloaded from here.
- Install the current version of Power BI Desktop.
Installation of the Data Virtuality Platform Custom Connector
- Download the Custom Connector. The downloadable connector .mez file below this article.
- Copy the connector .mez file to C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors.
- Enable Custom Connectors in Power BI: File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Security -> "Allow any extension to load without validation or warning".