This release is mostly about fixing various small bugs and adding several improvements. Most importantly, especially in light of the rising number of upgrades to the latest versions of the Data Virtuality Server, we have fixed two bugs in the Data Virtuality Exporter: with exporting threadCount JBoss config setting if the source version of the Data Virtuality Server is below 2.3.9 and with importing JDBC and ODBC settings and the login module when upgrading from Version 2.3 to the most recent Version 2.4.
On the Data Virtuality Server's side, the dvserver-standalone configuration file now includes the async-thread-pool property, and LDAP login module has become easier to configure.
The Data Virtuality Studio has received several usability improvements (for example, disabled schedules are now greyed out), and we have resolved several issues with performance and usability.
You can see the full list of tasks in this release below:
- DVCORE-7316 (Improvement): change the data source icon if it supports table creation
- DVCORE-7256 (Improvement): grey out disabled schedules
- DVCORE-5779 (Improvement): the list of supported S3 regions is incomplete
- DVCORE-5535 (Improvement): add an icon indicating that virtual schema contains broken items
- DVCORE-7317 (Bug): unsaved editor tabs can be closed by "Ctrl W" hotkey without a prompt to save the script if the cursor is out of the editor pane
- DVCORE-7238 (Bug): no error message is shown when the user tries editing recommended optimizations without proper permissions
- DVCORE-7042 (Bug): search field tooltips are oversized
- DVCORE-6051 (Bug): "Format SQL" corrupts SQL statements
- DVCORE-7223 (Bug): the View Builder does not show warnings properly
- DVCORE-7220 (Bug): filter settings pop-ups extend beyond the window size
- DVCORE-7188 (Bug): SELECT FROM a table runs endlessly if a table contains Infinity or NaN values
- DVCORE-7166 (Bug): "Edit cleanup job" wizard for "Clean invalid indexes task" contains "Clean entries older than" field and for "Clean stale replicator tables task" this field is not editable
- DVCORE-7029 (Bug): scheduling a script from the SQL Editor replaces all double semicolons
- DVCORE-7028 (Bug): the job editing wizard does not replace double semicolons with single semicolons
- DVCORE-5161 (Bug): backslash symbol is removed from the text field values on opening the "Edit data source" wizard
- DVCORE-3401 (Bug): the icon is absent on the task bar on macOS
- DVCORE-7347 (Improvement): Allow implicit casting of INTEGER and larger floating-point types to smaller floating-point types on inserting and updating
- DVCORE-7346 (Improvement): Allow implicit casting of BIGINTEGER values to FLOAT and DOUBLE on inserting and updating
- DVCORE-7213 (Improvement) Neo4J: update JDBC driver to version 4.0.1
- DVCORE-4448 (Improvement): LDAP Authentication: provide a way to configure the default admin-group via configuration file
- The administrative Active Directory role is now configurable via a 'defaultAdminGroup' property.
- Previously configured roles are not affected by this change.
- DVCORE-7360 (Bug): The "async-thread-pool" property is missing from the dvserver-standalone configuration file
- DVCORE-7353 (Bug): Web Service: data source creation fails for endpoints with parameters
- DVCORE-7352 (Bug): Incorrect exception for creating an already existing table when using primary keys
- DVCORE-7339 (Bug): Snowflake: column names get quoted in pushed down queries when INSERT runs in a procedure and "uploadMode" property is set
- DVCORE-7336 (Bug): Data type of the "details" column of SYSADMIN.FailedObjects view has an incorrect size
- DVCORE-5621 (Bug): UPDATE/DELETE queries containing IN clause with SELECT subqueries cause errors
- DVCORE-7324 (Improvement): Allow implicit casting of larger integer values to smaller integer types on inserting and updating
- DVCORE-6890 (Improvement): Data Virtuality Web: improve several SQL samples
- DVCORE-4866 (Improvement): Migrate Data Virtuality Server to WildFly 19.1.0.Final
- DVCORE-7341( Bug): The Windows service restart does not restart the embedded config database
- DVCORE-7340 (Bug): The server.log pattern is not the same as in version 2.3
- DVCORE-7332 (Bug): boot.log file does not get refreshed or recreated after the first server start
- DVCORE-7329 (Bug): MySQL CDC: connection creation fails if JDBC properties are specified
- DVCORE-7245 (Bug): ORDER BY with logical operation using a variable fails
- DVCORE-7243 (Bug): NullPointerException on reading from a view with a HASROLE() function, UNION ALL, empty result set
- DVCORE-7035 (Bug): Server starts reading metadata before data source deployment is done
- DVCORE-7074 (Improvement): remove superfluous usage of maintenance mode from multi-file scripts and improve the label for maintenance mode usage in the "Exporter Wizard"
- DVCORE-7348 (Bug): failures when importing JDBC and ODBC settings and the login module
- DVCORE-7344 (Bug): failure to export threadCount JBoss config setting from versions below 2.3.9
- DVCORE-7330 (Bug): export fails for JDBC and ODBC settings
- DVCORE-7325 (Bug): the threadCount JBoss config setting does not get exported
- SQL-345 (Improvement): Customer.io: modify Newsletters procedure to get Tags information
Please sign in to leave a comment.