This minor release brings quite a lot of improvements: among other things, the Facebook connector, the Redshift JDBC driver, and BigQuery libraries have been updated to the latest versions. We have also improved the handling of string data type by changing the STRING data type limits and improving the mapping between types in the source and in the Data Virtuality Server. Please note that this may cause failures during materialization and replication into existing tables with errors like "value too long for type...". If you will run into such a problem, either recreate the target table or set the maxStringSize translator property for the target data source to 4000 (previous default value) as a workaround.
If you are using Oracle data sources, please be aware that the STRING data type mapping has been changed from VARCHAR to NVARCHAR, limited to 2000 characters by default. This may cause History Update and Upsert replications into existing tables to fail. The solution is similar to the case above, except that you may also need to change the MAX_STRING_SIZE Oracle DBMS parameter (available since Oracle 12c) from STANDARD to EXTENDED to increase the maximum NVARCHAR size.
Another important change for the Server is switching from Hibernate sequence emulation to native sequences which means improved performance when working with the configuration database.
The Studio has become even easier to use with a couple of improvements: for example, the SQL Editor now includes the "Comment" and "Uncomment" keyboard shortcuts and menu items.
Here's the list of all tasks included in this release:
- DVCORE-7437 (Improvement): Extend the list of supported SSL cipher suites
- DVCORE-7415 (Improvement): Redshift: update the JDBC driver to version 42-184.108.40.206
- DVCORE-7400 (Improvement): Switch from usage of Hibernate sequence emulation to native sequences
- DVCORE-7385 (Improvement): Make it possible to clean up the deleted stages of materialized tables in Maintenance mode without physically dropping them in the Analytical Storage
- DVCORE-7239 (Improvement): BigQuery: add support for partitioned tables
- DVCORE-7156 (Improvement): Improve handling of string data types
- DVCORE-5690 (Bug): Failed procedure loses a trailing semicolon in its definition in SYSADMIN.ProcDefinitions table on importing
- DVCORE-2497 (Bug): Inserting data into a table with enabled optimization and materialized table for it causes a NullPointerException
- DVCORE-7432 (Improvement): add "collapse all" menu item to "Virtual schemas" and "Data sources" nodes of "Data explorer"
- DVCORE-3758 (Improvement): add "Comment" and "Uncomment" keyboard shortcuts and menu items to the SQL Editor
- DVCORE-7383 (Bug): autocompletion does not work after the user fixes a typo in a query
- SQL-385 (Improvement): Facebook: update connector to API v10.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.