In this release, we updated our ODBC driver for Windows. This fixes the previously posted issue when connecting from newer Tableau version, but we also reworked several parts of the driver to improve memory usage. This should lead to better performance and robustness both on the client and server side.
These changes are currently only available for Windows packages of the ODBC driver. Updated packages for Mac clients will be delivered in one of the next releases.
ODBC Driver (Windows)
- General memory handling improvements improving the overall performance
- Adjust default connection settings to work with Tableau versions >= 2018.3
- Fix inconsistency with concurrent read operations under certain conditions
- DVCORE-6070 (Improvement): Introduce a warning when the Studio and the Server differ in versions
- DVCORE-5898 (Improvement): Rearrange application caption
- DVCORE-6148: Build date in the About window is presented in the wrong format
- DVCORE-6143 (Improvement): Google Ads: add missing field type exceptions for report fields that could be returned as STRING
- DVCORE-6144: MS Excel: Adding a spreadsheet with a macro as a data source yields an error
- DVCORE-6092: PostgreSQL: Native query using PostgreSQL system column xmin fails
- DVCORE-5619: Redshift: Precision and scale overflow when performing certain arithmetic operations over decimals
- DVCORE-3696: Cassandra: Inserting DOUBLE value with big precision from Cassandra to Redshift or Oracle data sources results in error
- DVCORE-5889 (Improvement): Make the mail configurations independent from JBoss settings
- DVCORE-3769 (Improvement): Remove redundant information from job descriptions
- DVCORE-6096: Bulk parameterized INSERT INTO query hangs if run via ODBC
- DVCORE-6050: Connection to SMTP-server does not work with empty username/password and does not use 'fromAddr' field data
- DVCORE-5617: Common Table Expressions: In some cases SELECT from a view containing recursive CTEs fails even if the query from a definition does not
- DVCORE-5185: Self JOIN of SYSADMIN_VDB.VirtualDatabases system table results in ClassCastException if all columns are present in projection
Please sign in to leave a comment.