For authenticating users logging in to Data Virtuality Server, there are two ways: Using the built-in user and role management or leveraging an existing LDAP repository. In this version, we are adding two improvements to the LDAP authentication:
- Recursive roles: If a user belongs to a group A, which again is a member of another group B, in previous versions the group membership in Data Virtuality was only obtained for group A. Now the whole hierarchy gets reflected and the user will appear as a member of group A and B.
- More username options: Instead of only accepting the Common Name (CN) as a username during login, users may now also provide their user principal name or SAM account name.
More details on LDAP can be found in our documentation.
- DVCORE-5797 (Improvement): Set a max column width for query results
- DVCORE-5789 (Improvement): Make the error message selectable and copyable
- DVCORE-5788 (Improvement): Enable to run only a highlighted query
- DVCORE-5784 (Improvement): Make panes resizable
- DVCORE-6146: Data Virtuality Server cannot handle long column names on Oracle 12.2
- DVCORE-5519 (New Feature) LDAP authentication: Create a new login module based on LdapExtLoginModule
- DVCORE-6116 (Improvement): Create a procedure to return translator-related client secret to SQL caller
- DVCORE-6248: DSQL tool does not run when located in a folder with spaces in the name
- DVCORE-6240: OAuth credentials are retrieved from XML file not for the topmost possible translator
- DVCORE-6201: Table names in generated statements are not wrapped in double quotes
- DVCORE-6171: Dependency graph does not show one of the parent objects if both are used with the same alias in the same view definition
Please sign in to leave a comment.