On the connector side, we added two new connectors (Google Search Ads 360, Walmart Marketplace). The Salesforce connector has been extended to not only allow authenticating with a combination of username, password and security token but now also supports OAuth authentication workflow.
The Column Level Data Lineage feature received several important bug fixes. We also worked on better integration capabilities with 3rd party data catalog/data governance tools and will start publishing dedicated connectors later this year.
There is also a new opt-in behaviour on how user permissions are applied. By default, permissions are not applied in a specific order. In a scenario where role A grants read permissions on the schema "views", but role B disallows access to "views.sensitive_data", there used to be no deterministic rule guaranteeing which permission gets applied first.
With the new behaviour, more specific permissions will always win over less specific permissions. I.e. a permission on a view ("views.sensitive_data") is more specific than on a schema ("views"), but less specific than on a column ("views.sensitive_data.user_name"). This is an opt-in change, so the old behaviour will remain by default.
- DVCORE-7019 (Improvement): Add supportsNativeQueries=TRUE to ODBC data source
- DVCORE-6345 (Improvement): Improve exporter look and feel
- DVCORE-5839 (Improvement): Add tab-separated, semicolon-separated and pipe-separated to the list of file formats in CSV wizard
- DVCORE-5945: Floating-point values are presented in exponential form
- DVCORE-6838: Replace the embedded reference guide with online links
- SQL-281 (New Feature): Create Google Search Ads 360 connector
- SQL-242 (New Feature): Create Walmart Marketplace connector
- DVCORE-6471 (Improvement) Salesforce: Implement OAuth authentication
- SQL-288 (Improvement) Freshdesk connector: Add a page limit parameter to tickets procedure
- SQL-11 (Improvement) Google Ads connector: Add Performance_KeywordlessQuery and Performance_CampaignDevice procedures
- DVCORE-7036 Azure Synapse Analytics: Writing into multiple schemas does not work when BLOB upload mode is used
- DVCORE-7025 Oracle: Add oracle.jdbc.useFetchSizeWithLongColumn to cliTemplate
- SQL-31 Outbrain Amplify connector: non-pushdownable construct in the query results in extremely low performance
- DVCORE-6937 Column Level Data Lineage: Views are not shown in simple queries
- DVCORE-6660 Column Level Data Lineage: Path highlighting stops prematurely
- DVCORE-535 (New Feature): Create a default backup job with a default schedule and also make it possible to create custom jobs
- DVCORE-7003 (Improvement) Permissions: Apply more specific permissions in case of permission overlap
- DVCORE-6908 (Improvement) OAuth module: Save the used client pair and do not save authCode in connector properties after use
- DVCORE-4497: Error Handler: The parsing error message is incomplete and unclear
- DVCORE-864: UNION ALL followed by EXCEPT returns wrong results
Please sign in to leave a comment.