Hello DV Team,
We would like to share a list of feature requests for DV Studio which would help to improve the efficiency of many of our typical day to day use cases.
On-Click behaviour of the SQL result
- Per default select a single field when clicking into the result set
- Allow selection of single or multiple fields or entire columns (also CTRL & SHIFT click actions)
- Add an additional first column with row number to select the entire row (to keep the as-is behaviour)
- Benefits: Make it easier to copy single values, allow copying of multiple values or whole columns
Result Cache / Pin Result Tabs
- Attach multiple result sets to a single SQL Editor tab and allow switching between those result sets
- Benefits: Less SQL tabs, more clarity, related queries stay in one tab
Additional Dependency Checks
- Add a warning when job or schedule with dependencies is going to be deleted
- When deleting a view/procedure also check job dependencies
- Rename view/procedure or column
- Move view/procedure from schema A to schema B
Improve Formatting and Auto Complete
- Allow customization of SQL formatting (i.e. keywords always upper/lower, indent size, preset for compact format)
- Auto complete sometimes has issues (not working at all or stuttering)
- If possible auto complete column names on more complex SQL queries with more then one level: select .. from (select .. from t1 )t2
What are your thoughts? Can you say if we might see some of these features in a future release?
Please sign in to leave a comment.