We have worked on different components of the Server, most notably, on Virtual Databases, adding two improvements and fixing one bug causing the CLI-exporter to fail when querying the SYSADMIN_VDB tables. As for other components, our DSQL tool can now connect via SSL, making your working with the Server even more secure. We have also fixed a nasty bug causing DISTINCT or GROUP BY performed over a subquery with a JOIN with a WHERE condition to return wrong results.
If you use the SYSADMIN.getJobProperty procedure, please be aware of a small, but important change: the propertyName parameter in this procedure is now mandatory.
As for the Studio, it has received several nice usability improvements (among other things, we've added query information bar and improved displaying errors in the SQL Editor). And reading data in Query Builder can now be cancelled if needed.
We have also worked quite a lot on different connectors: Oracle, Salesforce, Azure Table, Snowflake, BigQuery, Twitter, and Customer.io. We have added a SID property to CLI templates for Oracle and improved the error message if no SID is set; the Salesforce connector has been updated to work with Salesforce API v40-v45; the new Azure Table connector now supports writing data into the data source; for Snowflake, CASE statement is now pushed down if placed in HAVING clause; for BigQuery, system properties are now checked before validating credentials during data source creation; the Twitter connector is now compatible with Release-2.4. As for Customer.io, connector with multitenancy failed on Release-2.4 branch, and fixing this bug has affected five procedures: NewslettersMessages, CampaignsMessages, BroadcastsMessages, CustomersMessages, Messages. If you are using Customer.io, please scroll down to the very end of this announcement to check what has changed.
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-7530 (Improvement): Virtual Databases: improve stability of secondary virtual databases
- DVCORE-7237 (Improvement): Virtual Databases: add information about the target virtual database to the server and query logs
- DVCORE-7502 (Bug): Virtual Databases: CLI-exporter fails because of queries to the SYSADMIN_VDB tables
- DVCORE-4567 (Improvement): ErrorHandler: append an error message with its origin if the original error was produced by a procedure
- DVCORE-7498 (Bug): DSQL tool: connecting to the Data Virtuality Server via SSL results in "handshake_failure" error
- DVCORE-7489 (Bug): "propertyName" parameter in SYSADMIN.getJobProperty procedure is optional but should be mandatory.
The "propertyName" parameter of the SYSADMIN.getJobProperty procedure has been made mandatory
- DVCORE-7476 (Bug): Column masking: SELECT from view fails if the view contains a JOIN and a masked column
- DVCORE-7472 (Bug): Wrong results returned when using DISTINCT or GROUP BY over a subquery with a JOIN with a WHERE condition
- DVCORE-7361 (Bug): ODBC: prepare backend to work with the upcoming new ODBC driver
- DVCORE-7505 (Improvement): remove the capability of renaming virtual schemas
- DVCORE-7495 (Improvement): add a scrollbar to the Roles group of User creation dialog
- DVCORE-6916 (Improvement): add query information bar and improve displaying errors in the SQL Editor
- DVCORE-7508 (Bug): removing "Owner" attribute causes an error
- DVCORE-7496 (Bug): SSL connection results in "handshake_failure" error
- DVCORE-7478 (Bug): "About Data Virtuality Studio" section does not show any information on macOS
- DVCORE-7428 (Bug): reading data in Query Builder cannot be canceled
- DVCORE-7503 (Bug): failure to export deleted catalog attributes
- DVCORE-7501 (Improvement): Oracle: add a SID property to CLI templates for Oracle and improve the error message if no SID is set
- DVCORE-7485 (Improvement): Salesforce: add support for Salesforce API v40-v45
- DVCORE-7444 (Improvement): Azure Table: add the possibility to write data into the data source
- DVCORE-7425 (Bug): Snowflake: CASE statement is not pushed down if placed in HAVING clause
- DVCORE-7504 (Bug): BigQuery: system properties are not checked before validating credentials during data source creation
- SQL-401 (Bug): Twitter: connector is not compatible with Release-2.4
- SQL-361 (Bug): Customer.io: connector with multitenancy fails on Release-2.4 branch
5 procedures: NewslettersMessages, CampaignsMessages, BroadcastsMessages, CustomersMessages, Messages - have now the same set of columns with metrics. Previous sets of columns that had only part of the current list were replaced with this one:
Please sign in to leave a comment.