The Server is the centerpiece of this release: it has received a new feature (and now supports PlainID authorization mechanism) and quite a lot of improvements and bugfixes. Most notably, we have updated the embedded JDK to version 11.0.12+7. Of the other improvements, two bring significant changes. First, cleanup of query logs has been singled out into a separate job, so now there are two separate jobs for cleaning finished query logs and cleaning finished job logs instead of a single job for cleaning finished job and query logs. And second, LDAP users and groups are now cached. This means that new users will be able to log in to Data Virtuality without refreshing the cache, but to query new users and roles, the cache has to be refreshed via the new SYSADMIN.refreshLdapUserCache procedure (it is also automatically refreshed on the first query of SYSADMIN.Users and SYSADMIN.Roles after server restart).
Another breaking change concerns the Exporter: we have fixed the bug causing git push job export to fail, and as part of the solution, the SYSADMIN.gitIntegrationActivatePushJob procedure has been updated with a new "id" out parameter.
As for the Studio, it has got one improvement and one bugfix. From now on, it will display a warning for any permission change, and the column level data lineage will show correct result when used on a column from query results on the SQL Editor tab.
Last but not least, several connectors got an upgrade to the next API versions: Facebook, Instagram, and BL.INK.
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-7226 (New Feature): Add support for authorization mechanism based on PlainID policies
- DVCORE-7558 (Improvement): SQL Server: add pushdown for STRING_AGG function
- DVCORE-7556 (Improvement): Remove unused CLI templates for BingAds and Jira
- DVCORE-7548 (Improvement): Update embedded JDK to version 11.0.12+7
- DVCORE-7499 (Improvement): Add support for aliases containing dots
- DVCORE-7427 (Improvement): Extract cleanup of query logs into a separate job
"Clean finished job and query logs task" job has been replaced with separate "Clean finished query logs task" and "Clean finished job logs task" jobs
- DVCORE-6960 (Improvement): LDAP Authentication: cache LDAP users and groups on Data Virtuality Server
From now on LDAP users and groups are cached on Data Virtuality Server. New users would be able to log in to Data Virtuality without refreshing the cache. However, in order to be able to query new users and roles, the cache has to be refreshed via SYSADMIN.refreshLdapUserCache procedure. The cache is also automatically refreshed on the first query of SYSADMIN.Users and SYSADMIN.Roles after restart
- DVCORE-7541 (Bug): SELECT of LONG value increased to more than maximum LONG value returns incorrect value
- DVCORE-7493 (Bug): Replication procedures throw incorrect and inconsistent error messages when the target data source does not exist
- DVCORE-7401 (Bug): Complex queries to SYSADMIN tables consume an excessive number of connections to the configuration database
- DVCORE-7000 (Bug): Querying PostgreSQL columns of array data type fails
- DVCORE-6356 (Bug): Reading UTF-8 encoded file with getTextFiles procedure returns an incorrect result and an error in the server log if file contains umlauts
- DVCORE-7506 (Improvement): add warning for any permission change
- DVCORE-7563 (Bug): column level data lineage shows an incorrect result when used on a column from query results on an SQL Editor tab
- DVCORE-7265 (Bug): Git push job export fails
SYSADMIN.gitIntegrationActivatePushJob procedure has been updated. "id" out parameter was added
- SQL-432 (Improvement): Facebook: update connector to API v12.0
- SQL-417 (Improvement): Instagram: update connector to API v12.0
- SQL-415 (Improvement): BL.INK: update to API version 4
Please sign in to leave a comment.