This release brings a lot of improvements (especially for our connectors) and bugfixes.
Two fixes have improved the performance of the Server and Studio: the Server will no longer consume excessive resources, and if a query returns a large number of columns, the Studio will be able to handle it without freezing. Speaking of the Studio, we have also fixed two issues causing multiple error messages: reconnection with an expired license and connection without the required access rights.
A bunch of bugfixes deals with different issues with JOINs and query plans: for example, the query optimizer will now create the correct query plan even if the order of joins is different, as well as in cases with several LEFT JOINs and several data sources. A particularly important bugfix concerns CROSS JOIN which was used in the query plan unnecessarily and brings a significant change to the ALLOW_CARTESIAN option: its default value has been changed from INTERNAL to IMPLICIT, and the INTERNAL and EXPLICIT values have been removed altogether.
Another series of bugfixes deals with OPTION NOFAIL: now all procedures in the Exporter (except import procedures to export script) are equipped with this option, and the option will work correctly with copyOverSourceTableJob in case the source object is missing.
Last but not least, the connectors have got several nice improvements: Twitter and Meltwater have been updated to the latest API versions (10 and 3, respectively). And our Amazon MWS connectors has been equipped with six new procedures: Inactive Listings, Listing Quality, Suppressed Listing Report, FBA Reimbursements Report, Performance Report, and FBA Inventory Age Report.
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-7599 (Bug): Planning error on queries with several LEFT JOINs and several data sources
- DVCORE-7598 (Bug): Server consumes an enormous amount of memory on continuous running of virtual procedures
- DVCORE-7580 (Bug): Unable to create a copyOverSourceTableJob if the source object is missing despite the OPTION NOFAIL
- DVCORE-7565 (Bug): MySQL: incorrrect string presentation of timestamps cast as objects
- DVCORE-7559 (Bug): Common Table Expressions: a 'No value was available' error is returned in some cases when recursive CTEs are used
- DVCORE-7555 (Bug): SYSADMIN.deleteStatistics fails on data sources with importer.useFullSchemaName set to true
- DVCORE-7551 (Bug): CROSS JOIN is used unnecessarily in the query plan
* default value of ALLOW_CARTESIAN option has been changed from
INTERNAL to IMPLICIT
* INTERNAL and EXPLICIT values of ALLOW_CARTESIAN have been
- DVCORE-7523 (Bug): Order of JOINs in a query can result in an incorrect query plan
- DVCORE-7490 (Bug): Deletion from a local temporary table inside of an inner BEGIN ATOMIC block may fail with "java.lang.AssertionError: Delete failed" error under specific conditions
- DVCORE-7033 (Bug): MySQL CDC: ordering by the "tstamp" field of memory log table in ProcessLogForTableFromBuffer procedure results in incorrect behavior
- DVCORE-7584 (Improvement): mark SQL Server data source using jTDS driver as deprecated
- DVCORE-7542 (Improvement): improve row based security and column masking dialog tooltips and set default values
- DVCORE-7567 (Bug): query returning a significant number of columns in projection freezes the Studio
- DVCORE-7539 (Bug): symbols in warnings get escaped in query logs
- DVCORE-7426 (Bug): multiple error messages when the user has no access rights
- DVCORE-7410 (Bug): multiple error messages when reconnecting with an expired license
- DVCORE-5544 (Bug): impossible to place the Data Explorer bar to its default position on displacing it
- DVCORE-7577 (Bug): some procedure calls are not equipped with OPTION NOFAIL
- SQL-451 (Improvement): Twitter: update connector to API v10
- SQL-431 (Improvement): Meltwater: update to API version 3
- SQL-423 (Improvement): Amazon MWS: add Inactive Listings, Listing Quality and Suppressed Listing Report procedures
- SQL-389 (Improvement): Amazon MWS: add an FBA Reimbursements Report procedure
- SQL-355 (Improvement): Amazon MWS: add a Performance Report procedure
- SQL-343 (Improvement): Amazon MWS: add an FBA Inventory Age Report procedure
Please sign in to leave a comment.