As you might have noticed from the title above, today's announcement is not only about the latest release. Our data virtualization solution is now called Data Virtuality Platform (instead of Logical Data Warehouse), and you can read more about the new name, how we have come to it, and what it means for our future, here.
As for the release itself, it is rather small, but it brings several nice improvements, mostly for the Server, some bugfixes, and a brand new Amazon Seller Partner connector.
Most importantly, we have improved the Server's performance in a couple of things: Snowflake and Redshift data sources now support multiple open executions, thus reducing the use of connections, and metadata refresh for Azure Synapse Analytics will now take less time. We have also fixed a bug causing a query with multiple LEFT JOINs to fail in case it could not be completely push down. On the side of security, the SYSADMIN.getJwtToken system procedure now includes optional encryptionAlgorithm and jwtHeader parameters for additional security, and editing the default admin group via configuration file with LDAP authentication will now remove the old record in configuration database.
As for the Studio, it has got one improvement and one bugfix, both resulting in improved usability: it is now easier to distinguish views from tables in data sources, and long tooltip text will now be wrapped automatically.
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-7609 (Improvement): Add an ability to provide an encryption algorithm to the SYSADMIN.getJwtToken system procedure
- DVCORE-7564 (Improvement): Add an option for disabling storing of query plans
- DVCORE-7557 (Improvement): Enable multiple open executions for Snowflake and Redshift data sources to reduce the use of connections
- DVCORE-7617 (Bug): Query with multiple LEFT JOINs fails with NullPointerException if it cannot be completely pushed down
- DVCORE-7613 (Bug): LDAP Authentication: editing the default admin group via configuration file does not remove the old record in configuration database
- DVCORE-7602 (Bug): Azure Synapse Analytics: metadata refresh takes too long
- DVCORE-7573 (Improvement): make views in a data source visually distinguishable from tables
- DVCORE-4104 (Bug): long tooltip text is not automatically wrapped
- SQL-322 (New Feature): Amazon Seller Partner: create Amazon Seller Partner connector
- SQL-448 (Bug): Amazon Seller Partner: FulfillmentOrders procedure has invalid credentials calculation
Please sign in to leave a comment.