This release brings three improvements for the Server and several bugfixes for the Server, Studio, and Exporter.
Speaking of the improvements, we have added support of primary keys for virtual views, removed the deprecated renameVirtualSchema system procedure, and introduced modular connector versioning. The last improvement means changes for the SYSADMIN.DVConnectors table which now has several new columns: "manifestTime", "buildTime", "commitId", and "commitTime".
As for the Server bugfixes, we have fixed several bugs affecting different data sources: for Web Business Data Shop, we have fixed the outdated setup instruction URL for Python, for BigQuery, the SYSADMIN.getSchemas and SYSADMIN.getCatalogs system procedures will now return the correct output, for Salesforce, selecting from tables now works correctly whether supported by the Bulk API or not, and for Oracle, the SUBSTRING function is now processed correctly on pushdown.
The Studio got three bugfixes: the "Open in new SQL editor" option of the export wizard now works on Linux, the Snowflake data source wizard now has the correct default host value, and if the TNS alias is not specified in the Oracle ADWC Analytical Storage wizard, you will get a helpful error message.
Last but not least, we have fixed a bug causing the Exporter to stop because a corrupted view or procedure threw a NullPointerException. Now such a view or procedure will be skipped and will not be able to disrupt the Exporter's work.
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-7600 (Improvement): Add support of primary keys for virtual views
- DVCORE-7522 (Improvement): Remove the SYSADMIN.renameVirtualSchema procedure
The deprecated system procedure SYSADMIN.renameVirtualSchema was removed
- DVCORE-7468 (Improvement): Introduce modular connector versioning
SYSADMIN.DVConnectors table has been updated. The following columns were added: "manifestTime", "buildTime", "commitId" and "commitTime"
- DVCORE-7661 (Bug): Web Business Data Shop: setup instructions URL for Python is outdated
- DVCORE-7656 (Bug): SYSADMIN.getSchemas and SYSADMIN.getCatalogs return the wrong output for BigQuery
- DVCORE-7636 (Bug): Salesforce: selecting from tables not supported by the Bulk API fails
- DVCORE-7589 (Bug): Oracle: SUBSTRING function is incorrectly rewritten on pushdown
- DVCORE-7434 (Bug): Data Virtuality Studio: "Open in new SQL editor" option of the export wizard does not work on Linux
- DVCORE-7234 (Bug): Data Virtuality Studio: wrong default host value in the Snowflake data source wizard
- DVCORE-5664 (Bug): Data Virtuality Studio: an uninformative error message is returned if the TNS alias is not specified in the Oracle ADWC Analytical Storage wizard
- DVCORE-7616 (Bug): Data Virtuality Exporter: a corrupted view or procedure causes a NullPointerException
Please sign in to leave a comment.