Data Virtuality Platform 3.0.1: New major release
With this release, we are launching a new major version of the Data Virtuality Platform. With it, we are rolling out the new OData functionality to connect to Data Virtuality. OData is a data access protocol built on core protocols like HTTP and commonly accepted methodologies like REST for the web. We are thrilled to add it to our list of supported protocols and tools! For information on how to use OData to work with the Data Virtuality Platform, please see our documentation.
This release also brings forth several important improvements and bug fixes. The Server now includes Windows ODBC driver version 22.01 and a logger for SSH tunnels which can be used for debugging. We have also made permissions session-independent, meaning that permissions are now applied to both newly created and already existing sessions. And we have fixed several bugs affecting the Server: the TIMESTAMPDIFF and TIMESTAMPADD functions will now work correctly for Snowflake, calls to REST API are now more efficient and do not cause the OutOfMemoryException, and when a file targeted by a UTILS.csvExport procedure is used by another process, you will get the correct error message.
On the Studio side, we have changed the delimiter for tab-separated file format in the CSV query builder to the correct one, and for the Exporter, we have fixed a bug causing exporting JBoss settings from 2.4.21 to 2.4.22 to fail.
Last but not least, two connectors got nice upgrades: we have updated the Facebook connector to API v13.0 and refactored the LinkedIn connector for improved performance and compliance with the new LinkedIn APIs.
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-819 (New Feature): Implement the OData functionality for connecting to Data Virtuality
- DVCORE-7689 (Improvement): ODBC driver: release Windows ODBC driver version 22.01
- DVCORE-7688 (Improvement): Implement a logger for SSH tunnels
- DVCORE-7554 (Improvement): PostgreSQL: introduce pushdown for LATERAL JOINs
- DVCORE-7538 (Improvement): Make permissions session-independent
- DVCORE-7683 (Bug Fix): Snowflake: TIMESTAMPDIFF and TIMESTAMPADD functions fail with weeks interval and return incorrect results with fractional seconds interval
- DVCORE-7663 (Bug Fix): REST API: unclear resource usage and OutOfMemoryException while requesting big amount of data
- DVCORE-7632 (Bug Fix): Wrong error message is shown when a file targeted by a UTILS.csvExport procedure is used by another process
- DVCORE-7681 (Bug Fix): wrong delimiter in the CSV query builder for tab-separated file format
- DVCORE-7702 (Bug Fix): exporting JBoss settings from 2.4.21 to 2.4.22 fails
- SQL-508 (Improvement): Facebook: update connector to API v13.0
- SQL-342 (Improvement): LinkedIn: refactor LinkedIn connector
Please sign in to leave a comment.