This release includes mostly improvements and bug fixes for the Server. Most importantly, we have added double colon syntax for type casts of string literals to enable correct loading of data by Microsoft Access. As part of this improvement, we have modified the Data Virtuality JDBC driver, so we ask you to update the JDBC drivers used by third-party clients accordingly. Other improvements are updated OAuth authentication workflow for Google Ads API and added mapping of HIERARCHYID data type to STRING for SQL Server.
As for the bugs we have fixed, reading from compressed files if "decompressCompressedFiles" connection property is set to TRUE will now return correct data, casting of NULL to BOOLEAN in a projection of UNION ALL query on PostgreSQL now works properly, and the startRunningTime value in SYSLOG.QueryLogs system table is correct for finished queries. We have also fixed several bugs related to specific connectors: for the SAP connector, converting date fields will no longer result in overflowing logs with entries, and for Redshift, the SYSADMIN.getCatalogs procedure will return correct data when configured without specifying a database. Last but not least, good news for Azure Synapse Analytics users: we have fixed the bug causing table names to be enclosed in superfluous quotes when configured with useFullSchemaName=true (please remember to update your scripts accordingly).
As for the Studio, it has got just one, but important bug fix: when opening Studio from the Start menu in Ubuntu, SSL connection will not cause the "handshake_failure" error as it did previously.
Last but not least, we have worked on issues concerning two connectors: Google Ads API, which has got a set of 45 procedures, and Amazon Selling Partner, for which we have added GET_V2_SELLER_PERFORMANCE_REPORT procedure and fixed a bug causing an Invalid BIGDECIMAL format in STRING for XML Settlement Report.
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-7721 (Improvement): Google Ads API: improve OAuth authentication workflow
- DVCORE-7710 (Improvement): ODBC: add double colon syntax for type casts of string literals
- DVCORE-7637 (Improvement): SQL Server: map HIERARCHYID data type to STRING
- DVCORE-7730 (Bug Fix): Incorrect data is returned on reading from compressed files if "decompressCompressedFiles" connection property is set to TRUE
- DVCORE-7724 (Bug Fix): PostgreSQL: casting of NULL to BOOLEAN in a projection of UNION ALL query fails due to an incorrect rewriting
- DVCORE-7720 (Bug Fix): The startRunningTime value in SYSLOG.QueryLogs system table is wrong for finished queries
- DVCORE-7717 (Bug Fix): Azure Synapse Analytics: when configured with useFullSchemaName=true table names are enclosed in superfluous quotes
- DVCORE-7713 (Bug Fix): SAP connector: extreme log spamming when converting date fields
- DVCORE-7634 (Bug Fix): Redshift: the SYSADMIN.getCatalogs procedure returns nothing when configured without specifying a database
- DVCORE-7709 (Bug Fix): Data Virtuality Studio: SSL connection causes "handshake_failure" error when opening Studio from the Start menu in Ubuntu
- SQL-526 (Improvement): Google Ads API: provide set of 45 procedures
- SQL-482 (Improvement): Amazon Selling Partner: add GET_V2_SELLER_PERFORMANCE_REPORT procedure
- SQL-489 (Bug Fix): Amazon Selling Partner: an Invalid BIGDECIMAL format in STRING for XML Settlement Report
Please sign in to leave a comment.