This release is almost exclusively about the Server, and brings two improvements and a number of bug fixes. As part of two of them, we've had to modify our JDBC driver, so we ask you to update the JDBC drivers used by third-party clients accordingly.
Speaking of improvements, these are small, but they'll make working with the Server more smooth. In the first improvement, we've improved punctuation in error messages making them easier to read. The second improvement extends logging for the ALTER VIEW command making it more useful for testing and debugging.
As for the bug fixes, most importantly, we've fixed the bug with the Excel connector causing incorrect results to be returned if the "allColumnsAsString" property is set to FALSE and a column contains values of different data types. We've also fixed another bug affecting the same connector and causing TIME and DATE cells to be converted to TIMESTAMP in some cases - now they're correctly mapped to TIME and DATE.
We've also fixed a bug occurring during the creation of materialization and replication jobs via the Studio: previously, they would fail with a NullPointerException if the user didn't have permissions for the relevant SYSADMIN procedures. Now, you'll see an informative error message with the name of the procedure so you'll know immediately what's missing and what to do about it.
As for the Connectors, we've worked on improving our Amazon Selling Partner connector and would like to take this opportunity to thank our amazing customers for their suggestions - we're always glad to hear your feedback!
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-7667 (Improvement): Improve punctuation in error messages
- DVCORE-6548 (Improvement): Extend logging for the ALTER VIEW command
- DVCORE-7762 (Bug Fix): Behavior of the ARRAY_IN function depends on whether it is written in upper or lower case
- DVCORE-7749 (Bug Fix): Creating a view fails if there is a column named "current"
- DVCORE-7698 (Bug Fix): Creating Materialization and Replication jobs via Studio GUI fails with a NullPointerException
- DVCORE-7519 (Bug Fix): BigQuery: wrong error message when clientID is missing when creating a data source
- DVCORE-7482 (Bug Fix): Excel: TIME and DATE columns are converted to TIMESTAMP
- DVCORE-7481 (Bug Fix): Excel: non-numeric column headers are displayed in a common format
* Note that the fix may change some column names in the Excel data source tables, so you may need to adapt dependent views, procedures, etc.
- DVCORE-7480 (Bug Fix): Excel: incorrect results are returned if the "allColumnsAsString" property is set to FALSE and a column contains values of different data types
- DVCORE-7297 (Bug Fix): Column Level Data Lineage: incorrect highlighting of window functions and CASE expressions
- DVCORE-7198 (Bug Fix): The UTILS.sendMail procedure rises an unclear error message if AttachmentMimeTypes or AttachmentNames property is missing for an attachment
- SQL-515 (Improvement): Amazon Selling Partner: improve the connector according to customer feedback
Please sign in to leave a comment.