This release centres on the Server and the connectors and includes several improvements, many bug fixes, and a new Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central connector.
Speaking of improvements on the Server side, we've changed the data type of the "query" column in SYSLOG.QueryLogs and SYSLOG.QueryPerformanceLog tables from STRING to CLOB and made several updates to various components. We've updated the embedded JDK in the Data Virtuality Server and Studio to version 11.0.16+8, Google Ads API to version 11, and Snowflake's JDBC driver to version 3.13.14.
As for the bug fixes, most importantly, we've fixed the bug causing the ALLOW_CARTESIAN option to be not applied to Common Table Expression inside a view in certain cases. Now a query with this option will work and produce the correct result. We've also fixed two bugs in our error handler. Firstly, we've corrected the error message on recursive CTE, which would contain an incorrect property name if the maximum recursion depth was reached. Now the correct property name will be displayed. Secondly, we've fixed a typo in the "Unknown host" error message; if your scripts use this error message, please update them.
As part of another important bug fix, we've increased the column size for several SYSTEM and SYSLOG tables where it was previously of insufficient size. This change affects columns in SYSADMIN.MaterializedTable (accessState, type), SYSADMIN.ScheduleJobs (lastExecutionStatus), and SYSLOG.JobLogs (status, details, failureReason).
We've also fixed a bug affecting PostgreSQL and making creating a data source impossible when the autoCommitTxn setting of the client is set to ON. Now all is working correctly.
The connectors received a lot of attention: as already mentioned, we've created a new Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central connector, and we've also made improvements and fixed bugs for a number of existing connectors. Most importantly, we've fixed a bug causing the Amazon Selling Partner's Orders.SQL procedure to return fewer orders than it is supposed to; now, all is well. A major improvement to the Stripe connector reduces the number of database writes for the balance transactions procedure, thus boosting the connector's performance.
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-7771 (Improvement): Google Ads API: provide account hierarchy and update to v11
- DVCORE-7725 (Improvement): Change the data type of "query" column in SYSLOG.QueryLogs and SYSLOG.QueryPerformanceLog tables to CLOB
- DVCORE-7719 (Improvement): Update embedded JDK in Data Virtuality Server and Studio to version 11.0.16+8
- DVCORE-7645 (Improvement): Snowflake: update the JDBC driver to version 3.13.14
- DVCORE-7772 (Bug Fix): Error Handler: error message on recursive CTE reaching the maximum recursion depth contains an incorrect property name
- DVCORE-7763 (Bug Fix): Casting results of the ARRAY_ADD function to an array data type fails
- DVCORE-7759 (Bug Fix): Error handler: a typo in the "Unknown host" error message
- DVCORE-7747 (Bug Fix): PostgreSQL: impossible to create a data source when the autoCommitTxn setting of the client is set to ON
- DVCORE-7745 (Bug Fix): Tables that are not present in metadata are dropped in the source on data source refresh or procedure creation or editing
- DVCORE-7618 (Bug Fix): ALLOW_CARTESIAN option is not applied to common table expressions in a view
- DVCORE-7515 (Bug Fix): XMLQUERY fails on materialized tables
- DVCORE-7513 (Bug Fix): ITERATOR data transfer mode is used where STREAM is expected
- DVCORE-7470 (Bug Fix): JSONOBJECT fails on materialized tables
- DVCORE-7377 (Bug Fix): Snowflake: set CLIENT_METADATA_REQUEST_USE_CONNECTION_CTX value to TRUE by default
- DVCORE-6905 (Bug Fix): SCP connector procedures do not accept an empty string as a pathAndPattern parameter value
- DVCORE-6314 (Bug Fix): Some columns in some SYSTEM and SYSLOG tables are of insufficient size
- SQL-549 (New Feature): Amazon Vendor: add support for GET_VENDOR_TRAFFIC_REPORT, GET_VENDOR_SALES_REPORT, GET_VENDOR_INVENTORY_REPORT reports
- SQL-512 (New Feature): Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central: create Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central connector
- SQL-557 (Improvement): Stripe: reduce the number of database writes for balance transactions procedure
- SQL-407 (Improvement): SharePoint: add support for downloading files from the server
- SQL-564 (Bug Fix): Google Ads API: the connector does not work with API v.11
- SQL-535 (Bug Fix): Amazon Selling Partner: the Orders.SQL procedure returns fewer orders than it is supposed to
- SQL-533 (Bug Fix): Google Sheets: connector skips worksheets with exclamation marks
- SQL-441 (Bug Fix): Google Sheets: empty cache disturbs creation of a data source on server start
- SQL-380 (Bug Fix): Microsoft Excel Online: the connector fails to install if the Excel file has exceeded the max number of cells
Please sign in to leave a comment.