Data Virtuality Platform 2.4.31: improvements and bug fixes for the Server and Studio
This release is not particularly big, but it has several significant improvements and bug fixes for the Server and Studio.
For the Server, most importantly, we have fixed a nasty bug with creating certain procedures: ones using a table not present in the metadata. In this case, procedure creation failed, and as a result, the table info did not register in the metadata in a subsequent data source refresh. Now everything works correctly. Another bug caused the UTILS.prepareTargetTable procedure to check for permissions on the main object in cases when this is not required, which could cause a permission violation error. From now on, permissions will be checked only when required.
We have also fixed a bug causing PARSETIME to fail for the maximum date if the time is greater than the system time, another bug resulting in memory leaks in the Data Virtuality metadata cache when refreshing a virtual schema with procedures, and yet another bug which made INSERT INTO temporary tables to fail.
This release also makes working with connectors more stable because we have fixed several bugs: one affecting modular connector data sources (including AmazonSP, Shopify, and Facebook) and two occurring when working with Snowflake. For a modular connector data source, it will no longer get a failed state after the server restart if metadata caching is enabled, and for Snowflake, tables will be displayed correctly for a data source with the importer.schemaPattern value consisting of only wildcards or empty double quotes and replication to a data source with the importer.useFullSchemaName property set to TRUE if the target table name is in lowercase will now work fine.
The Studio has got two improvements: we have removed the config fields from Web Service Datasource and rearranged and improved the 'Help' menu, to make working with the Studio more enjoyable. Also, we have fixed a bug causing the job filter in the Exporter to clear the previous selection - now all is well!
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-7650 (Improvement): Exasol: adapt mapping for TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIMEZONE and INTERVAL
- DVCORE-7842 (Bug Fix): UTILS.formatTableName procedure performs unnecessary permission checks
- DVCORE-7820 (Bug Fix): Failures in creating a procedure that uses a table which is not present in metadata lead to failure to register the table info in the metadata in a subsequent data source refresh
- DVCORE-7804 (Bug Fix): Modular connector data source gets failed state after the server restart if metadata caching is enabled
- DVCORE-7793 (Bug Fix): Fix memory leaks in Data Virtuality metadata cache when refreshing a virtual schema with procedures
- DVCORE-7773 (Bug Fix): Snowflake: no tables are shown for a data source with importer.schemaPattern value consisting of only wildcards or empty double quotes
- DVCORE-7715 (Bug Fix): Snowflake: replication fails to a data source with importer.useFullSchemaName property set to TRUE if the target table name is in lowercase
- DVCORE-7301 (Bug Fix): INSERT INTO temporary tables fails
- DVCORE-6984 (Bug Fix): PARSETIME fails for maximum date if the time is greater than the system time
- DVCORE-7840 (Improvement): Data Virtuality Studio: remove config fields from Web Service Datasource
- DVCORE-7821 (Improvement): Data Virtuality Studio: rearrange and improve the 'Help' menu
- DVCORE-7813 (Bug Fix): Data Virtuality Studio: job filter in the Exporter clears the previous selection
Please sign in to leave a comment.