This release is the long-awaited first stable release of Data Virtuality Platform 3. It includes several improvements for the Server and Studio and bug fixes for the Server. One important improvement is for both of them: we have updated the embedded JDK to version 11.0.17+8.
Speaking of the Server, most importantly, we have fixed several nasty bugs affecting the performance. Previously, a large number of remarks on views and procedures could significantly slow down the server startup; we have resolved this problem, so now the startup will be faster. Also, we have fixed two bugs causing an OutOfMemory error: previously, the debug collection accumulated a considerable number of tables, views and procedures, and memory cleanup was not appropriately performed when dropping views and procedures; both now work correctly. We have also resolved a problem affecting LDAP authentication where members of the default admin group could not edit entries in the SYSADMIN.SystemProperties table if they had been created by other users.
As for improvements, the most important one is the improved dependent JOIN heuristics. Please note that the newRequestTime setting has been propagated as a translator property and its default value has been changed from 1 millisecond to 100.
Good news for Snowflake users: we have enabled pushdown of Common Table Expressions (also for PostgreSQL and Redshift). For SQL Server, this release adds support for procedures returning TABLE (Table Valued Functions). For Google Ads API, we have fixed a bug which caused authentication errors to result in unclear error messages or freeze the data source creation. For Azure Synapse, tables with STRING columns can now be created again.
Another improvement for the Server is that using default values of procedure parameters now also works for relational procedural command syntax, and at the same time, nullable procedure parameters for the same can now be safely omitted.
Here are other, more minor, but still essential bug fixes: when you are adding a remark, there will no longer appear an unnecessary warning; a materialized object with a column masking applied can now be queried using a table alias, and combining fixed-length parsing and FOR ORDINALITY columns in the TEXTTABLE function call will work correctly, without throwing a NullPointerException, and stopping a job will no longer disable the auto-retry feature permanently.
We have also fixed two bugs with SELECT: first, SELECT from an altered object will no longer fail if table aliases are used in the query and there are column masking or row-based security rules applied to it, and second, SELECT from a temporary table will now work correctly, without throwing the "AssertionError: Batch not found in storage"
On the Studio side, there is just one improvement: we have added the Google Ads wizard and removed the obsolete AdWords.
Here are all issues in this release:
- DVCORE-7878 (Improvement): Update embedded JDK in Data Virtuality Server and Studio to version 11.0.17+8
- DVCORE-7833 (Improvement): Snowflake: add a unique connection string identifier
- DVCORE-7796 (Improvement): Common Table Expressions: enable pushdown of Common Table Expressions to PostgreSQL, Snowflake and Redshift
- DVCORE-7642 (Improvement): Allow using default values of procedure parameters also for relational procedural command syntax
- DVCORE-7187 (Improvement): SQL Server: add support for procedures returning TABLE (table valued functions)
- DVCORE-5855 (Improvement): Improve dependent JOIN heuristics
- DVCORE-7883 (Bug Fix): Unnecessary warning is logged on adding of any remark
- DVCORE-7879 (Bug Fix): Google Ads API: authentication errors result in unclear error messages or freeze the data source creation
- DVCORE-7870 Bug Fix Memory cleanup is not performed properly when dropping views and procedures and may lead to an OutOfMemoryError
- DVCORE-7861 (Bug Fix): Allow omitting nullable procedure parameters for procedural relational command syntax
- DVCORE-7856 (Bug Fix): LDAP Authentication: members of the defaultAdminGroup cannot edit entries in "SYSADMIN.SystemProperties" created by other users
- DVCORE-7854 (Bug Fix): A materialized object with a column masking applied cannot be queried using a table alias
- DVCORE-7853 (Bug Fix): The debug collection accumulates a huge number of tables, views and procedures, causing an OutOfMemoryError
- DVCORE-7852 (Bug Fix): SELECT from altered object fails if table aliases are used in the query and there are column masking or row-based security rules applied to it
- DVCORE-7848 (Bug Fix): Combining fixed-length parsing and FOR ORDINALITY columns in TEXTTABLE function call results in NullPointerException
- DVCORE-7841 (Bug Fix): Large number of remarks on views and procedures significantly slows down the server startup
- DVCORE-7816 (Bug Fix): Azure Synapse: unable to create a table with STRING columns
- DVCORE-7815 (Bug Fix): Stopping a job disables the auto-retry feature permanently
- DVCORE-7704 (Bug Fix): SELECT from a temporary table fails with "AssertionError: Batch not found in storage"
- DVCORE-7722 (Improvement): add Google Ads wizard and remove AdWords
Please sign in to leave a comment.