The first two releases in 2023 bring forth three new features (two of them preview features), several improvements, and some bug fixes.
The brand-new preview features are the new on-premise version of the New Web Interface and the possibility to run Python code with OBJECTTABLE for the Linux-based Data Virtuality Server. The third new feature included in this release concerns BigQuery and adds support for partitioning and clustering in the CREATE TABLE statement.
As for improvements, we've updated the embedded JDK in Data Virtuality Server and Studio to version 11.0.18+10. We've also added a way to configure OData when the server is behind a proxy. For this, we've added the WEBSERVICE_PUBLIC_URL default option and dv.webservice.public.url system property to generate valid links in the OData and REST responses if the server is configured behind a proxy server or a load balancer. For more information, please refer to our documentation.
Speaking of REST API, we've fixed a bug affecting pagination - now it works well in the case of port forwarding.
Two of the bug fixes for the Server concern BigQuery. One of them resolved the issue with the INTERVAL data type causing a NullPointerException, and another dealt with a nasty issue causing the data source to require refreshing after creating a table if the importer.useFullSchemaNameproperty was set to TRUE. Another bug we've fixed affected DB2 AS400, where the data source creation failed if importer.tableTypes model property was specified. Also, we've fixed the issue where complex dependency structures resulting in multiple concurrent subquery executions could cause query hanging or a CancellationException - now everything works properly.
Two more bug fixes solve problems with system procedures: modular connector procedures will no longer fail due to SYSADMIN.getConnProp being unable to find a proper connection, and procedures with two consecutive EXECUTE IMMEDIATE statements won't fail with a NoSuchElementException error.
The Studio has received one improvement and one bug fix: the former adds a data source filter to the export dialogue, and the latter makes it possible to manage Slack notifications for jobs from the Studio.
As for the Exporter, we've fixed the bug preventing it from starting when exporting SSH Key Pairs and SSH Tunnels. Now everything works fine.
Last but not least, on the connectors side, this release brings an improvement for Salesforce: we've switched it to the new version of the translator.
Here are all issues in these releases:
- DVCORE-7916 (New Feature): On-Premise version of the New Web Interface (Preview Feature)
- DVCORE-7836 (New Feature): BigQuery: add support of partitioning and clustering in the CREATE TABLE statement
- DVCORE-6341 (New Feature): Make it possible to run Python code with OBJECTTABLE (preview feature)
- DVCORE-7899 (Bug Fix): BigQuery: the INTERVAL data type causes a NullPointerException
- DVCORE-7837 (Bug Fix): Optimizations are refreshed 4 times, views and procedures 2 times on every data sources refresh
- DVCORE-7546 (Bug Fix): DB2 AS400: data source creation fails if importer.tableTypes model property is specified
- DVCORE-7010 (Bug Fix): BigQuery: when the importer.useFullSchemaName is set to TRUE the data source needs refreshing after creating a table
- DVCORE-5596 (Bug Fix): Complex dependency structures that result in multiple concurrent subquery executions can cause query hanging or a CancellationException
- DVCORE-7882 (Improvement): Data Virtuality Studio: add data source filter to the export dialog
- DVCORE-7867 (Bug Fix): Data Virtuality Studio: add Slack notifications management functionality for jobs
- SQL-631 (Improvement): Salesforce: switch to the new version of translator
- DVCORE-7915 (Improvement): Add a way to configure OData when the server is behind a proxy
- DVCORE-7895 (Improvement): Update embedded JDK in Data Virtuality Server and Studio to version 11.0.18+10
- DVCORE-7917 (Bug Fix): REST API: pagination does not work in case of port forwarding
- DVCORE-7907 (Bug Fix): Modular connector procedures are failing due to SYSADMIN.getConnProp unable to find a proper connection
- DVCORE-7877 (Bug Fix): Procedures with two consecutive EXECUTE IMMEDIATE statements fails with a NoSuchElementException
- DVCORE-7919 (Bug Fix): Data Virtuality Exporter: fails to start when exporting SSH Key Pairs and SSH Tunnels
Please sign in to leave a comment.